Is your Fort Worth, TX, house facing foreclosure? Do you need to sell your Fort Worth house quickly for some other reason (you’re relocating, you inherited a house, you lost your job, your agent can’t sell your house, etc.)? Whatever the reason may be, one of the best options for you to consider is selling your Fort Worth house for cash.
By selling your house for cash, you’ll not only improve your credit rating—especially if you were going through foreclosure before selling your home—but you’ll get extra money put into your account. When your house is foreclosed, you lose your property as well as your credit rating. To successfully sell your house in this type of situation, you’ll need to study the prevailing market conditions to find out what will likely influence the value of your home as you’re getting it ready to sell.
Sell Your Fort Worth House for Cash: The Plan
The first step you’ll need to take to sell your Fort Worth, TX, house fast to someone with a “buy a Fort Worth, TX, house for cash” mentality is to develop a game plan.
Your real estate agent can help you come up with a plan. Just make sure you negotiate with your lender as you talk to your agent, who should be well-informed regarding the sale of properties like yours in the area. Your agent should have the latest report regarding property values to help you quote the right price for your property.
Then, ask these two questions as you develop your game plan.
1. How Fast Do I Need to Sell?
One of the most important first decisions you need to make is this because it dictates your options for selling your house. If you have more time to sell, then you’ll have more opportunities open to you. If you have less time, then you’ll have fewer options—but there are still great options available to you even in this scenario.
For example, if you have less than 2 months to sell your home, then you won’t likely have time to list it with an agent. You’ll try to sell the house yourself or sell to a local, professional house buyer like Watts Buys Houses. (Give us a call at (682) 233-5658 and we can make you a fast, fair, all-cash offer on your Fort Worth area house).
2. How Much Do I Need to Sell My Fort Worth House For?
Note that we said, “How much do you need to sell your house for?” If you’d like to get the full retail value of your house, but you need to sell your house fast and can’t afford to list it through a real estate agent, figure out what you actually need to get out of your house.
Once you’ve determined that, you’ll be able to see what your true options are for selling.
If the price you need to get from your house doesn’t leave much room for a real estate agent’s commission, then you may want to look into selling your house FSBO or getting an offer from a local real-estate, house-buying company like us to see if you can get closer to where you need to end up on the sale.
Alternatively, if you need to get close to the full retail value of your house and can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along, list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have time to wait, talk to us about a fast, fair cash offer on your house (We can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if needed, with all cash!)
Investigate Your Options: Getting the Sale
In conclusion, if you’re looking for someone who can give you a fair, all-cash offer on your house, determine:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you’ve answered those questions, evaluate your options (listed below) to decide which option will work best for you with your local Fort Worth house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you’re able to wait 3-6 months to sell your house and can afford to pay 3-6% in commissions on the sale to your agent, then this is your best option. You’ll likely get the highest price on your property going this route.
- Local Real Estate Investor/House Buyer: If you need to sell your house quickly, we can buy your Fort Worth house in as little as 7 days. In truth, we won’t be able to pay full retail on your house, but we do not charge any fees at all. What we offer you is what we pay you. If you value your time and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now then give us a call today at 682-233-5658 or click the link below to fill out our online, fast-offer form.
- For Sale by Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but you can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself.
- Talk to Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure, your first step may be to talk to your bank and see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden.
We can help you strategize how to sell your Fort Worth, TX, house fast. Call us at 682-233-5658 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair, all-cash offer.
There are many reasons to consider selling your house for cash. Regardless of your reasoning behind it, preparing your house for sale is important. A thoughtful preparation WILL transform your home into an attractive option for home buyers. You can sell your house fast and get top dollar for it.