Do you own a house in Fort Worth, Texas, that’s in foreclosure? Many people who are going through the foreclosure process in Texas want to get out from under that burdensome house. Can you sell a house in foreclosure? The short answer: yes. The long answer: It’s complication but usually you can sell your house prior to a foreclosure. The sooner you start; the better.
Selling Your Fort Worth House in Foreclosure – How it Works
There are a lot of folks in Fort Worth who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working with Banks during the Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people, too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all of your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the less options are available to you.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Fort Worth and the whole state of Texas get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Fort Worth, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
You can reach us at (682) 233-5658 if you have questions or fill out our fast cash offer form today.